Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips and ideas, connecting members in 14 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte/Brazil, Guadalajara/Mexico, London /United Kingdom, Lyon/France and Mumbai/India, Winnipeg/Canada and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
Are you an experienced and passionate Frontend Developer (m/f) who knows how browsers work below the surface? Do you enjoy solving complex problems and value quality and maintainability? Do you want to work long-term in Berlin with awesome people from all over the world in a growing environment? If your answer to these questions is yes, then join our team and experience a wide range of new and exciting challenges!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Plan web components together with designers and backend engineers
- Implement reusable and solid responsive frontend components
- Identify and fix performance and maintenance problems
- Ongoing improvement of our frontend infrastructure
- Stay up to date with new frontend technologies and best-practices and share them with the team
The qualities we are looking for are:
- At least 3 years working experience as a full frontend developer
- Proponent of progressive enhancement and web standards
- Strong sense of code reuse and maintainability
- Experience with responsive layouts and CSS preprocessors (we use Sass)
- Experience with module loaders (we use RequireJS)
- Ability to write/architect good HTML templates (we use Twig)
- Good English language skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with CSS methodologies (we use BEM)
- Experience with MV libraries/frameworks (we use vue.js and angular)
- Experience with style guides / component libraries
- Experience with task runners (we use Grunt)
- Experience with ES6 (we use Babel)
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Any technology equipment / gadgets / Operating System you want
- Flexible working hours
- Be apart of an awesome team of passionate and skilled developers
- Great office on Torstraße (close to Rosenthaler Platz) in the heart of the Berlin startup scene
- Regular “Hack Days” to learn new technologies and skills
- A very competitive compensation package, as well as relocation assistance (if required)
Are you the person we are looking for? We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and a clearly arranged CV.